Sleeping Together

Sorry all you dirty minds out there, it's not what you think.
One of the major changes we have had to get used to (now that we are married) is sharing a bed. I remember when falling asleep next to Austin was sweet, and safe, and happy, and warm. Yes, it is still all of those things, but now I'm noticing a few more adjectives.
Loud, for instance. Sleeping next to Austin tends to be loud. I say this because if he is not snoring, he is rolling around saying weird stuff like "give them the scotch in the highball". Yeh, I don't know...
Or how about slanted. That adjective describes how I sleep with someone twice my size (ok, close to twice) right in the middle of my way too squishy bed. Got the picture?
Then there is warm. He is a human furnace. The temperature of the air surrounding his body has to be a good 10-15 degrees warmer than the rest of the room. It's absolutely amazing!
For all of you out there who aren't yet sharing a bed...get ready. The first few weeks are tough. Lucky for me we are now past the two month mark, and I don't know if I could sleep if I wasn't 85 degrees and angled down toward the crack between Austin's back and the mattress while he mumbles weird things.
*side note - if you ever get the urge to comment on anything, feel free - it would make this all feel worth it. AND, if you want to hear from Austin once in awhile, you're gonna have to nag him!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home