The New Stewarts

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Cha-ching!


Well, we more than survived the "southern swing"! "What do you mean MORE than?" you might ask?? Here's the down low - We took a little trip to Philadelphia, MS (known for its casinos) with a few members of the Stewart/Firment clan (a.k.a. Austin's fam-damnly). Austin headed straight to the poker room...leaving me with his mother, his grandmother, his aunt, and 40 buckaroos. I played a few slots with them on their money, and watched them play a few. After awhile I decided that a fun night of pulling slots was definately worth $40, so I started putting my money in the dollar slots and hitting the MAX BET button (for those who don't know me that well, I roll hard - ha). I lost a 20 on one machine and moved to another, where I went on to win $370 when I hit two triple diamonds!!! Ok, so its not paying off my car or anything, but its more than I've ever won before! It was freakin' awesome!
On my way to the little "cash your ticket in for real money" station I was already deciding which outfits were going to look cute with my new Mat & Nat purse and what kind of shoes I should get! I knew Austin would be glad for me...
Not 20 minutes later, Austin was explaining to me why it was only right that my new purse and shoes, I mean money, should go into our ING savings account. Wah. I argued the best I could, but in the end...he was right - a penny saved is a penny earned. After all, if we're moving to the Virgin Islands anytime soon, we really should start saving - donchathink??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home